Tips to Simplify Your Skin Care Routine!
Now that the lazy days of summer are gone, it's a great time to assess your skin care routine and simplify! Understanding your skin's unique needs is the first step -- do you have dry skin, oily/acne prone skin, or sensitive skin? Can you eliminate any steps? Here are some answers to help you with your skin care regime.
- Rinse your face with cool water each morning. Save your cleanser for the end of the day, when your skin is the dirtiest. Cleansing your skin too frequently will strip the skin of its natural oils.
- Apply a natural moisturizer to your face while your skin is still damp, as the moisturizer can help seal in the moisture on your skin.
- Your skin might start to feel dry as the day goes on. If this is the case, reapply your moisturizer or try a natural hyaluronic acid serum, which can help prevent the skin from losing water.
- Once or twice a week you should use a natural exfoliator to help remove dead skin cells.
Oily/acne prone skin. Those with this skin type need to pay special attention to their skin.
- Use an oil-free, non-comedogenic cleanser that contains glycolic acid, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to help prevent breakouts. You may think you need to was your face two or three times a day, However over-washing your skin can lead to an increased production in oil. You will need to monitor your skin to find that middle ground.
- Apply an all natural serum with a grass seed extract to help absorb oils and help prevent breakouts.
- Use a lightweight, natural moisturizer. This may sound counterintuitive for oily skin, but it will help provide your skin with the nutrients it needs.
- If you are suffering from breakouts, you need to limit the amount you exfoliate. Acne prone skin is often very sensitive, and exfoliation can lead to irritation.
- Start your morning by washing your face with a very mild, natural facial cleanser. You should only use a cleanser once a day, as it can irritate sensitive skin.
- Once your skin is dry, apply a natural moisturizer to help prevent and reduce irritation. Make sure your skin is dry before applying the moisturizer because the active ingredients in moisturizers tend to penetrate deeper into damp skin, which can cause irritation for those with sensitive skin.
- Before bed, apply a natural serum that contains retinol to help prevent fine lines and aging.
- With sensitive skin, it is important to use products that do not contain any fragrances or alcohol as it causes irritation. Instead look for products that contain more soothing ingredients, like aloe.
Are you not sure which skin type you have? Try using the natural products from Airelle. They are packed with antioxidants and other powerful natural ingredients to help provide your skin the nourishment it needs. The Airelle products do not contain any artificial fragrances or parabens, so they are safe for those with sensitive skin. If you are interested in learning more about the Airelle product line, click here.