Natural DIY Facials - A Mother’s Day Treat
Natural do-it-yourself facials are a great way to pamper moms this Mother’s Day! Different facials do different things, but the general goal is to remove dead cells on the outer layer of your skin, deeply cleanse the skin and remove the impurities that accumulate on our skins surface. Facials can also improve your skins texture, brighten and clear your pores of debris and toxins.
These simple, relaxing facials will not break the bank! You can create multiple, fun do-it -yourself natural skin care facials right in the comfort of your home! Many of the best resort spas use ingredients like honey, oatmeal and olive oil that are used every day in our kitchens.
If you want an effective facial, apply some common household “ingredients” after you have had a hot bath or shower. The steam will help open your pores and allow the ingredients to penetrate deeper. Follow the simple steps below for a relaxing and refreshing facial.
Simple Natural Facial Product Recipes:
1) Combine one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of olive oil.
2) Prepare a packet of oatmeal (separate from the honey and olive oil) and use less water than the packet of oatmeal requires, so that a thick paste is formed.
3) Add the honey and olive oil mixture to the cooked oatmeal.
4) Apply as a scrub and gently rub it in small circles over your skin (avoid the eye area).
5) Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
1) Combine one tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt with two teaspoons of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon oil.
2) The mixture should be somewhat runny, but not easily poured out.
3) Massage it over your skin and then wipe it off immediately with a washcloth soaked in lukewarm water.
1) Grind one tablespoon of oatmeal in a blender and set aside.
2) Add one tablespoon of fennel seeds to 1/2 cup boiling water to make a tea.
3) Allow the fennel seeds to soak for 10 minutes and then strain them.
4) Let the fennel seeds cool down to room temperature and then combine one tablespoon of the fennel tea with one tablespoon of ground oatmeal and one tablespoon of honey.
5) Apply the mixture to your clean face and leave on for 20 minutes.
6) Rinse with lukewarm water followed by a cool rinse.
Make your mom feel special by treating her to some wonderful, natural at home facials!