Don’t Over Eat this Holiday
Happy Holidays from everyone at Airelle! We hope you are having a bright and merry day. For most people, today will be spent with family and friends all sitting around the dinner table eating lots of holiday treats. If you find that you are a notorious overeater during the holidays, try some of these tips to save yourself from stomach aches and the extra calories.
1. Don't skip meals. Many people believe that if they skip a meal they will be saving those calories for the big Christmas dinner. However, skipping meals can make you crabby, tired and maybe even leave you with a headache that just might ruin your holiday festivities. Plus, when you are really hungry and surrounded by high-calorie holiday treats, you may very easily start munching and ultimately consume many more calories than the ones you skipped earlier in the day.
Hopefully these tips will help you enjoy your holiday festivities!
- Go ahead and help yourself to grandma’s famous chocolate cream pie, just don’t overdo it. Have a small portion to satisfy that sweet tooth. Also, if your holiday dinner is served buffet style, don’t linger around the table. Take your plate and move into another room to resist temptation. Sounds simple, but it will save you a couple hundred calories.
- Pace yourself. There is plenty of food to go around, so there is no need t wolf down your food. Eat slowly, enjoy the company and conversation. If you eat too quickly you don’t give your stomach enough time to digest and thus end up eating more. Avoid a stomach ache by eating slowly.
- Drink plenty of water. Often times people mistake thirst for hunger. When that hunger pain strikes instead of reaching for the cookies on the coffee table, try a glass of water to see if it cures your hunger.
- Exercise. Obviously you and the family aren’t going to trek over to the gym after dinner, but try going for a walk. It doesn’t have to be long, just get out and move around. Or you can all play a game that involves moving around. It doesn’t matter what activity you partake in, just make sure you don’t turn into a slug on the couch.