National Blueberry Muffin Day & Airelle Skincare
In honor of National Blueberry Muffin Day on Saturday, July 11th, we have a delicious blueberry muffin recipe for you to try at home!
Why, you ask?
National Blueberry Muffin Day is a special day for Airelle because we use BERRIMATRIX® in all of our products. BERRIMATRIX® is a propriety formulation of deeply concentrated blueberry extract, which is packed with anti-aging ingredients. In fact, it contains 5X more antioxidants than most blueberry extracts!
BERRIMATRIX® has been shown to help minimize, slow, and in some cases, help reduce the appearance of sun damage and signs of aging. It also helps protect against the breakdown of collagen caused by exposure to the sun’s harmful Infrared (IR) rays. This is a big reason why top dermatologists in Beverly Hills love Airelle Skincare products, and recommend them to their celebrity clients!
Okay, now for the good stuff…
The “Old Fashioned Blueberry Muffin”
We found this recipe on Food.com – and we think it's the perfect comfort food for your Saturday morning breakfast. It makes at least a dozen oversized muffins, which means you can share with friends, or indulge throughout the weekend :)
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
- PREP: 15 MINS
- COOK: 20 MINS
INGREDIENTS- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries - organic preferred (or) 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries, unthawed
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat oven to 400F; line twelve muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in small saucepan; stir over medium heat until butter melts; cool until mixture is warm to touch; beat in eggs.
3. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl; add milk mixture and stir just until blended; fold in blueberries (or raspberries).
4. Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups; Bake until golden and tester comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
Prefer Gluten-Free? Try A Girl Defloured’s recipe!